By Eugene C. Toy
The nearest a scholar can get to the wards with out seeing sufferers! Designed to coach via medical instances, this article bargains 60 of the most typical scientific difficulties in psychiatry besides case dialogue questions, medical pearls, keywords and ideas, and USMLE-style questions and solutions to enhance studying. this is often a great examine consultant for the psychiatry shelf examination and the USMLE Step 2.
Read Online or Download Case Files: Psychiatry PDF
Best nursing books
The instruments and tips you must make health part of your daily nursing perform whereas many books have lined the theoretical elements of health, just one source grants a true experience of what well being appears like on the bedside: the Nurse's Toolbook for selling wellbeing . Compact and straightforward to exploit, this exact how-to advisor is full of wellness-oriented medical instruments and sensible feedback, from instructing dietary health to selling particular features of sufferers' well being reminiscent of relocating and respiring good.
"This is an effective evaluate of the realm of gerontology and is a superb consultant to higher perform in nursing domestic management. " --Doody's
Listed here are a number of bankruptcy titles; Narcotices and Anagesics; Cardoactive Alkaloids; breathing Stimulants andd Antimalarials
"[T]his is an outstanding booklet and value the funding for either the beginner nurse who desires to proactively realize compassion fatigue and for the skilled nurse who's suffering from specialist caliber of lifestyles. "--Journal for Nurses in specialist improvement "An very good source for all degrees of nurses.
- Nursing the Adult with a Specific Physiological Disturbance
- Introductory Statistics for Health and Nursing Using SPSS
- Introduction to Mental Health Nursing
- Patient Safety in Emergency Medicine
- Annual Review of Nursing Research, Volume 19, 2001: Women's Health Research
- Clinical Companion for Medical-Surgical Nursing: Patient-Centered Collaborative Care, 8e
Extra info for Case Files: Psychiatry
5. 6. 7. What is the most likely diagnosis? What should the next step be? What is the most likely mechanism for this process? What are the risk factors for this condition? What complications are associated with this disease process? What is the best therapy? How can you confirm the diagnosis? Note that questions 3 through 5 are probably used less in the field of psychiatry than in other specialties, such as medicine, where the pathophysiology and risk factors of a particular disease process are known.
6] A. This patient was likely switched from a SSRI, sertraline, to a MAOI, such as phenelzine. Because both agents increase serotonin levels, 5 weeks should elapse between discontinuation of one medication and initiation of the other. The danger is very serious serotonin syndrome, which has features similar to those of NMS. 7] D. Seizure disorders and eating disorders are contraindications for bupropion because of its possible lowering of the seizure threshold and its anorectic effects. 8] A. This patient has symptoms of diabetes insipidus, a side effect of lithium used in the treatment of bipolar disease.
Axis I: Clinical disorders and other disorders that may be the focus of clinical attention Axis II: Personality disorders and mental retardation only Axis III: Physical disorders and other general medical conditions. The physical condition may be causing the psychiatric one (eg, delirium, coded on axis I, caused by renal failure, coded on axis III), be the result of a mental disorder (eg, alcoholic cirrhosis, coded on axis III, secondary to alcohol dependence, coded on axis I), or be unrelated to the mental disorder (eg, chronic diabetes mellitus).