By Mats Brittberg MD PhD, Wayne Gersoff MD
Cartilage surgical procedure: An Operative Manual through Mats Brittberg, MD and Wayne Gersoff, MD is your advisor to utilizing the latest advances in cartilage fix, and appearing state-of-the-art surgeries. An the world over diversified choice of authors deals a world standpoint on well timed themes akin to cartilage biologics. scientific pearls, on-line operative video clips, and unique, full-color intraoperative pictures supply step by step tips on crucial options.
- Stay present with the new advances in cartilage repair together with surgical and non-surgical remedies in addition to biologic administration of cartilage lesions.
- Get unrivaled visible suggestions from an unprecedented online video collection that demonstrates easy methods to practice a number of key techniques.
- Quickly reference crucial topics with a templated, concentrated structure that incorporates scientific pearls that will help you make a convinced analysis and choose the simplest treatment.
- Benefit from the information, event, and international perspective of a various number of prime foreign authors.
- Access the e-book from any machine at www.expertconsult.com, whole with the complete textual content, whole snapshot financial institution, and video library.
Clinical pearls and surgical video let you keep on with the newest in cartilage fix and administration
Read Online or Download Cartilage Surgery: An Operative Manual, Expert Consult: Online and Print PDF
Similar rheumatology books
With greater than four hundred extant experiences during this box, a determine additional to weekly, it may be tough to maintain tune of rising developments. masking the entire reviews to date released, this simple reference is for scientists and clinicians who take care of immunosuppressive medicinal drugs.
The completely up to date 6th variation of this vintage two-volume paintings keeps to supply a entire evaluation of immunology, its medical purposes, immunopathology, and hypersensitivity. A textual content revised and up to date all through allows an figuring out of the host mechanisms in immunologic illnesses.
The higher Limb, half 1 of The Netter choice of clinical Illustrations: Musculoskeletal process, 2d version, offers a hugely visible advisor to the higher extremity, from uncomplicated technological know-how and anatomy to orthopaedics and rheumatology. This spectacularly illustrated quantity within the masterwork referred to as the (CIBA) "Green Books" has been multiplied and revised by means of Dr.
This e-book is a realistic and up to date evaluate that discusses the influence of conventional cardiovascular chance elements in sufferers with rheumatoid arthritis, the impression of rheumatoid arthritis illness task and severity on cardiovascular comorbidity, and the effect of rheumatoid arthritis drug treatment on cardiovascular hazard.
- Gout, hyperuricemia, and other crystal-associated arthropathies
- Arthritis in Children and Adolescents: Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- Comorbidities in Headache Disorders
- Bone Densitometry in Growing Patients: Guidelines for Clinical Practice (Current Clinical Practice)
- Fibromyalgia - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- The Addiction Medicine: An Evidence-Based Handbook (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Handbook)
Extra resources for Cartilage Surgery: An Operative Manual, Expert Consult: Online and Print
The carbon fiber tows can be produced into layered nonwoven pads with a random loosely Copyright © 2010, Elsevier Inc. 2 mm. Porosity is about 50%. FIGURE 4B-2 Carbon pad, approximately 4 mm thick in discs up to 22 mm in diameter. Porosity is about 85%. arranged porous scaffold, the resulting pads being approximately 4 mm thick in discs up to 22 mm in diameter. Porosity is about 85% (Fig. 4B-2). • Transarthroscopic operative technique—carbon rods. The cartilage lesion area is debrided as described in Chapter 3.
A carbon rod is put into a predrilled hole in the defect border zone area. The repair tissue from the implanted carbon rod will bridge and support the earlier graft to the adjacent cartilage. If the intent is to replace the patella surfaces with a plastic cup, do the normal resections, drill central holes for the central patella cup peg into the carbon, and use bone cement as it is normally used for arthroplasty fixation. PEARLS AND PITFALLS The technique is ideal to use in combination with other techniques such as autologous chondrocyte implantation (ACI).
Behrens P, Benthien JP. Autologous matrix-induced chondrogenesis (AMIC): a one-step procedure for retropatellar resurfacing. Acta Orthop Belgica 2010 Apr; 76(2):260-3. Behrens P, Benthien JP. Autologous matrix-induced chondrogenesis (AMIC): combining microfracturing and a collagen I/III matrix for articular cartilage resurfacing. Cartilage 2010; I(1)65-68. Behrens P, Bosch U, Bruns J, Erggelet C, Esenwein SA, Gaissmaier C, Krackhardt T, Löhnert J, Marlovits S, Meenen NM, Mollenhauer J, Nehrer S, Niethard FU, Nöth U, Perka C, Richter W, Schäfer D, Schneider U, Steinwaschs M, Weise K.