By Angelo Basile, Alfredo Cassano, Navin K Rastogi
Membrane fabrics permit for the selective separation of fuel and vapour and for ion shipping. fabrics learn and improvement keeps to force advancements within the layout, manufacture and integration of membrane applied sciences as serious parts in either sustainable power and fresh purposes. Membrane utilisation deals approach simplification and intensification in undefined, delivering reasonably cheap, and effective and trustworthy operation, and contributing in the direction of emissions mark downs and effort safeguard. complicated membrane technological know-how and know-how for sustainable strength and environmental functions offers a entire evaluation of membrane utilisation and integration inside of power and environmental industries.
Part one introduces the subject of membrane technology and engineering, from the basics of membrane procedures and separation to membrane characterization and monetary research. half makes a speciality of membrane utilisation for carbon dioxide (CO2) seize in coal and gasoline strength crops, together with pre- and post-combustion and oxygen shipping applied sciences. half 3 experiences membranes for the petrochemical undefined, with chapters masking hydrocarbon gas, normal gasoline and synthesis fuel processing, in addition to complex biofuels construction. half 4 covers membranes for replacement power functions and effort garage, comparable to membrane know-how for redox and lithium batteries, gasoline cells and hydrogen construction. ultimately, half 5 discusses membranes utilisation in commercial and environmental purposes, together with microfiltration, ultrafiltration, and ahead osmosis, in addition to water, wastewater and nuclear energy applications.
With its distinctive editors and crew of specialist members, complex membrane technology and know-how for sustainable power and environmental functions is an important reference for membrane and fabrics engineers and brands, in addition to researchers and lecturers attracted to this field.
- Presents a complete evaluate of membrane technology and know-how, concentrating on advancements and purposes in sustainable strength and clean-industry
- Discusses the basics of membrane approaches and separation and membrane characterization and financial analysis
- Addresses the most important problems with membrane utilisation in coal and fuel energy vegetation and the petrochemical undefined, using membranes for replacement strength purposes and membrane utilisation in commercial and environmental applications
Read or Download Advances in membrane technologies for water treatment : materials, processes and applications PDF
Similar water quality & treatment books
This textbook presents an outline of shipping and destiny approaches of environmental infection, in the sort of method that the reader can either comprehend and are expecting contaminant styles in soil, groundwater, and floor water. In agreement to such a lot present texts, soil and water toxins are taken care of as built-in environmental topic from a geographical/spatial standpoint at aspect, neighborhood, local, and catchment scales.
The built-in Water assets administration (IWRM) paradigm has been around the globe well-known because the simply possible means presently on hand to make sure a sustainable standpoint in making plans and handling water source structures. it's the inspiring precept of the Water Framework Directive, followed via the ecu Union in 2000, in addition to the most reference for the entire water comparable task of UNESCO within the 3rd global nations.
This re-creation of the bestselling opposite Osmosis is the main entire and updated assurance of the method of opposite osmosis in business functions, a know-how that's turning into an increasing number of vital as an increasing number of businesses decide to “go eco-friendly. ” This publication covers all the approaches and gear essential to layout, function, and troubleshoot opposite osmosis structures, from the elemental ideas of opposite osmosis know-how and membranes to the even more complex engineering rules worthy for designing a opposite osmosis method.
Water and wastewater operators want an realizing of chemistry to correctly perform the chemical stages of remedy, together with coagulation, sedimentation, softening, and disinfection. wisdom of uncomplicated chemistry is additionally required to go operator certification examinations. Operators gets the learning they wish during this chemistry primer adapted only for operators of ingesting water or wastewater structures
- Simplified Procedures for Water Examination
- Advances in Water Science Methodologies
- Flow and sediment transport in compound channels: the experiences of Japanese and UK research
- Sustainability Science and Engineering, Volume 2: Sustainable Water for the Future (Water Recycling versus Desalination)
- Fundamental Mechanics of Fluids, Fourth Edition
Extra resources for Advances in membrane technologies for water treatment : materials, processes and applications
3. The PVDFeg-Al2O3 nanocomposite membranes revealed high hydrophilicity and fouling resistance owing to their surface activity, high adsorptive ability, and surface enrichment of reactive functional hydroxyl groups. 3 Schematic of the reaction between g-Al2O3 and poly(vinylideneﬂuoride) polymer. Reprinted from Liu, Moghareh Abed, and Li (2011), with permission from Elsevier. 22 Advances in Membrane Technologies for Water Treatment In studies conducted by Maximous, Nakhla, Wan, and Wong (2009) and Maximous, Nakhla, Wan, et al.
Moreover, Mansourpanah and Momeni Habili (2013) employed the interfacial polymerization technique to prepare a PA skin layer on the PES support using TMC and PIP as reagents. Acrylic acid as a hydrophilic monomer and UV irradiation as a physical procedure were used to modify the obtained thin layers. The effect of UV irradiation times (30, 60, and 120 s) and acrylic acid concentration (1%, 5%, and 10 wt%) on the performance and morphology of modiﬁed TFC membranes was investigated by the authors.
2012) nanocomposite membranes. The composite membranes showed the best performance in terms of pure water ﬂux, rejection, and fouling resistance. 4 Field emission scanning electron microscopic image of cross-section of membrane prepared with 1 wt% polyacrylonitrile (PAN)/Fe3O4 nanoparticles. Reprinted from Daraei et al. (2012), with permission from Elsevier. , 2012; Gholami, Moghadassi, Hosseini, Shabani, & Gholami, 2013; Mansour, Ossman, & Farag, 2011) were proved in some research. Daraei et al.